Old Town Town Hall
The former Old Town Town Hall of Warburg is a building erected in 1337, which served as the town hall of the Old Town until about 1436 and, alternating with the New Town Town Hall, the joint council of the united town of Warburg until 1568. It can be assumed that the cellar and the main hall were used as merchants' halls in the Middle Ages, while the hall on the upper floor may have served the council meetings. There is evidence of stone wall cupboards and washing niches in the hall.
Warburg Museum in the "Stern"
The Warburg Museum in the "Stern" is housed in one of the oldest stone houses in the town. The permanent exhibition tells the story of the Hanseatic town, from the first settlements in the immediate vicinity of the castle of Count Dodiko at the beginning of the 11th century to the development of the twin town in the Middle Ages and early modern times. In addition to the development of the town and its sacral topography, the exhibition also focuses on trade, crafts, economic structures and Warburg's relationship to the Hanseatic League. The role of Warburg within the Westphalian quarter of the Hanseatic cities is also addressed.