St. Mary's Church
In the heart of Uelzen's town centre rises the mighty Gothic St. Marien Church with its 86-metre-high steeple and the Apostles' Chapel, which was donated in 1350. The impressive building was constructed in three phases between the 13th and 14th centuries. St. Marien was consecrated and elevated to the status of a parish church in 1292.Read more
Nige Hus (Council Wine Shop)
The "Nige Hus" (New House) was built around 1500 and served the town council as a wine and beer cellar. The building also served as a dance hall, wedding hall and meeting place. In 1646 it was partially destroyed in the great town fire and rebuilt. To this day, the council wine shop is the place to go for connoisseurs of fine wines.
The „Gildehaus“ was built in the Gothic style in the first half of the 15th century. It is the only well-preserved town house from this period. The gable is decorated with glazed bricks and tendrils and gives an impression of how splendid many houses looked before the great fire of 1646.
City & Tourist information
Tel.: +49 581 800 6172
Bundesstraßen, Deutsche Bahn AG, Erixx der Heidesprinter mbH und Metronom Eisenbahngesellschaft mbH