The Town Hall
On the market square the eye is immediately caught by the town hall, built in 1879 in the Tudor style according to designs by the then state inspector Langen. The fort-like, clinker brick building features a crenellated clock and corner towers. The town council meets in the council chamber, and information events, readings, concerts and weddings also take place here.
The former Franciscan cloister was first mentioned in 1303. Part of the north wall of the cloister church and the former wing of the cloister have been preserved. The cloister district is currently being renovated and developed into the town's cultural centre with a museum and library. The church and cloister garden can already be visited and experienced at special events.Read more
St. Marienkirche (St. Mary's)
Kyritz's townscape is dominated by the twin-towered front of St. Marienkirche, built in 1850 to a design by Stüler, the Prussian court architect at the time. Among other features the 13th-century baptismal font, a painting from the school of Rubens, the baroque pulpit from 1714 and the Reubke organ from 1873 are all worth seeing in the church.Read more
The Bassewitz Fountain
On the market square the Bassewitz Fountain by the artist Jan Witte-Kropius has been telling the town's history and stories since 2007. The fountain itself was inspired by the Bassewitz legend. Every child in Kyritz knows the legend of the brave Kyritz market women who poured hot millet porridge over the knight Bassewitz in 1411 and defeated him.
The Kyritz Lakes
The lakes of the Obersee and Untersee stretch from north to south in a narrow chain - a leisure paradise about 20 kilometres long. The lido on the Untersee offers modern bathing fun with historic buildings, diving towers, water slides and boat hire. On the Untersee island, an idyllic restaurant invites you to linger and enjoy life.Read more