Ulvila is one of Finland´s six medieval cities and Finland’s second oldest city after Turku. The city rights to Ulvila were granted by King Albrekt of Mecklenburg on February 7, 1365. In the Middle Ages, Ulvila was the northernmost city of the Swedish Empire and important for the trade of the Gulf of Bothnia.
Ulvila is located in the province of Satakunta along the Kokemäenjoki River. The city center is formed by two neighborhoods, Friitala and Vanhakylä, which are located on the north and south sides of the river. Today’s Ulvila is known for numerous companies manufacturing industrial automation and logistic systems.