The youthHansa is the youth organization of the HANSE and thus an integral component of the HANSE. Every year Hanseatic cities send young delegates ranging from age 16 to 25 to take part in the delegation meetings of the youthHansa and the Hanseatic Days.
Our aim is to
- promote the exchange of views and experiences concerning youth issues
- develop specific youth projects between the Hanseatic cities
- promote school partnerships and youth exchanges
- improve the mutual understanding between young people from the Hanseatic cities
- bring non-organized young people and youth groups together in order to strengthen the sense of community between the Hanseatic cities and their young inhabitants.
The concept of the youthHansa was introduced for the first time in 1998 when the Hanseatic city of Visby, Sweden invited young delegates to a youth forum. On account of the positive resonance, the HANSE decided to invite the young delegates on a regular basis and this resulted in the founding of the youthHansa. They developed their own statute, which was incorporated into the statute of the HANSE only two years later. Since then, a network of young people developed that makes an essential contribution international understanding within Europe.
The Hanseatic Youth Commission (HYC) comprises five young people who are entitled to vote and who have equal rights and duties. It represents the youthHansa outside of the Hansa Conventions and coordinates the necessary organisational measures. There is no Chairperson, but the members of the Commission determine one (or at most two) Spokesperson(s) who represent the youthHansa at Assembly meetings of the HANSE and at Commission meetings of the HANSE, and on official occasions.
The last election of the youthHansa Commission took place at the Hanseatic Day 2018 in Rostock, Germany. The next election will take place at the Hanseatic Day 2020.
One of the main purposes of the youthHansa network is to carry out concrete projects. This page shows our current projects and some we carried outin the past.
- International photocrafic project "Diversity that connects" (2020)
- Regional youthHansa meeting in Stade 2019 (article in German)
- 2nd Youthhansa Festival in Lippstadt 2012
- Journey to the Hanseatic Days 2010 in Pärnu – Sail with the „Greif“
- youthHansa Expedition in Veliky Novgorod
- CD with youth Bands of the Hanseatic Cities
- youthHansa Anthem Competition
- youthHansa Festival in Lippstadt 2007
- “Inspired by youth” - Touring exhibition
- youthHansa Camp in Veliky Novgorod (Juli 2006)
- 1st youthHansa music and art Festival in Lippstadt 2005