youthHansa - the Hansa of tomorrow!
Getting to know each other, exchanging ideas and networking are at the core of the Union of Cities THE HANSA. Young people from Hanseatic cities also benefit from this!
youthHansa - the youth organisation of the association of towns and cities - has been active since 1998. Our aim is to make young people aware of their Hanseatic heritage and to facilitate youth encounters based on the Hanseatic values.
To this end, young people aged 15 to 26 regularly participate as official delegates of their city in the International Hanseatic Day. There we can expect our own programme, including participation in official delegates' meetings. The work of youthHansa is based on the by-laws, which regulate all important organisational processes. The official language of the youthHansa is English.
Beyond the International Hanseatic Day, we work on numerous projects that emphasise the modern Hanseatic idea and thus make an important contribution to international understanding. In regional youthHansa groups, young people experience the Hanseatic history of their own city and region.
We ensure a sustainable revitalisation of the network true to the motto:
The youthHansa is the Hanseatic League of tomorrow!
The youthHansa Commission comprises five young people who are entitled to vote and who have equal rights and duties. It represents the youthHansa outside of the Hanseatic Days and coordinates the necessary organisational measures. There is no Chairperson, but the members of the Commission electone (or at most two) spokesperson(s) who represent the youthHansa at Assembly and Commission meetings of THE HANSA, and on other official occasions.
The last election of the youthHansa Commission took place at the Hanseatic Day 2018 in Rostock, Germany. The next election will take place at the Hanseatic Day 2020.
One of the main purposes of the youthHansa network is to carry out concrete projects. This page shows our current projects and some we carried outin the past.
- International photocrafic project "Diversity that connects" (2020)
- Regional youthHansa meeting in Stade 2019 (article in German)
- 2nd Youthhansa Festival in Lippstadt 2012
- Journey to the Hanseatic Days 2010 in Pärnu – Sail with the „Greif“
- youthHansa Expedition in Veliky Novgorod
- CD with youth Bands of the Hanseatic Cities
- youthHansa Anthem Competition
- youthHansa Festival in Lippstadt 2007
- “Inspired by youth” - Touring exhibition
- youthHansa Camp in Veliky Novgorod (Juli 2006)
- 1st youthHansa music and art Festival in Lippstadt 2005